Are you a professional?
What does it mean to be a professional? The textbook definition is: a person who does a job that needs special training and a high level of education. But it’s more than that, isn’t it? Being a professional encompasses many things – from skillset to personality to aptitude. Here are a few common characteristics of a true professional:
- Do you learn every aspect of the job or do you skip the learning process whenever possible?
- Do you carefully discover what is needed and wanted or do you assume what others need and want?
- Do you look, speak and dress like a professional or are you sloppy in appearance and speech?
- Are you focused and clear-headed or confused and distracted?
- Do you catch mistakes and fix them, or do you ignore and hide them?
- Do you remain level-headed and optimistic or do you get upset and assume the worst?
- Do you use higher emotional tones: enthusiasm, cheerfulness, interest, contentment; or lower tones: anger, hostility, resentment, fear?
- Do you persist until the objective is achieved or do you give up at the first opportunity?
- Do you produce more than expected or just enough to get by?
- Do you strive to give high-quality service or do you give medium to low?
These are the questions that separate the professionals from the amateurs. The first step to making yourself a professional is to decide you ARE a professional! Then ACT like one!
At Heritage Wealth, we present a talented group of leaders, advisors, and staff to serve clients and continually improve operations. Our firm has the experience you can count on. Our advisors are professionals governed by the Fiduciary Rule. We use our knowledge and wisdom to make sound investments with your best interests at heart. If you’re ready to join with and invest with a firm whose focus is community and trust – please contact Heritage Wealth Management Group at (757) 321-3725 today. We’d like to get to know you.