9 Keys to Effective Decision Making
Everyone deals with uncertainty in their lives, making decisions is what of the most difficult parts of being human. There are so many factors to consider when weighing your options – no matter the size of your decision. Here are some tips that will help you choose with confidence.
- Recognize that you cannot know with 100% certainty that your decision is correct because the actions to implement it are to take place in the future. Just make it and don’t worry about it.
- Consider those affected by your decision. Whenever feasible, get them involved to increase their commitment.
- Avoid snap decisions. Move fast on the reversible ones and slowly on the non-reversible.
- When making a decision you are simply choosing from among alternatives. You are not making a choice between right and wrong.
- Be sure to choose based on what is right, not who is right.
- Use the O.A.R. approach in decision making. Look at O, Objectives you are seeking to attain; A the Alternatives you sense are available to you; and R, the Risk of the alternative you are considering.
- Choosing the right alternative at the wrong time is not any better than the wrong alternative at the right time, so make the decision while you still have time.
- Remember that not making a decision is a decision not to take action.
- Do not make decisions that are not yours to make.
At Heritage Wealth Management Group – we do our due diligence to follow these simple suggestions every time we make a decision. That’s why our investors trust us when it comes to important financial decisions. We want each and every client to feel that their financial decisions are important, because they are the most important people in our professional universe. You deserve to work with advisors who put your interests first. Get in touch today or contact us at (757) 321-3725.